Our Gorilla Says…
Hi there, I’m a Western Lowland gorilla, and I’m one of the largest apes on the planet. I’m a really sociable animal, and love to spend time with my friends and family. Unfortunately, due to humans hunting me as well as destroying the forests that I call home, my numbers are dwindling. Please help my family and friends by adopting me today to ensure we have a chance of a sustainable future in the world.
udopt and receive
- FREE entry to an Aspinall Foundation Park to see some amazing animals.
- An e-gift pack that contains a computer desktop wallpaper, animal facts, an adoption certificate as well as a monthly e-newsletter.
- Twice yearly updates on how your animal is doing and the work the Aspinall Foundation are providing to help their fight for survival.
The Western Lowland gorilla is a really sociable animal that lives in large families for their entire lifespan. They are athletic and great at climbing trees – they need to be to collect the fruit they eat. They are really muscular, with a massive chest and strong hands and feet. They are very susceptible to disease though, with the Ebola virus wiping out almost a third of their population.
udopt it because
- The disease Ebola has killed almost one third of the Western Lowland gorilla population so numbers are particularly low.
- It’s an iconic creature and we have a responsibility to keep it from extinction.
- A choice of 4 different types of adoption to suit the amount you wish to give, make this a gift that can be given more easily than others.
- Receive FREE entry to an Aspinall Foundation Park.
- Adoption programmes start from as little as £3.50 a month.
>> Adopt a Western Lowland Gorilla Today
Adopt a Western Lowland Gorilla Gallery
The Aspinall Foundation have protected rare and endangered animals since 1984 and they are one of the world’s leading conservation authorities today. Support their work by adopting an animal as a great gift. Packages include FREE entrance to their UK zoos, making it a great family day out. Also included are animal updates and adoption certificate.http://www.aspinallfoundation.org/
UK Registered Charity Number 326567
The main welcome pack is delivered via email. The membership card will be delivered within 10 days.
Last Minute Gift?
This is an ideal last-minute gift as your personalised adoption gift pack is sent immediately following the confirmation of the order via email.
Did you know?
- Western Lowland gorillas live for between 30-35 years in the wild.
- These gorilla’s are lighter than most other types of their species, as they have to be more agile to reach the fruit from the trees.
- A baby gorilla will stay with its mother till it is at least 4-5 years old.
- Male Western gorilla’s are known as ‘Silverbacks’ due to the silver coloured hair on their back.